Thursday, March 3, 2011

Malibu Barbie.

Since it's already been 4 days since the long-awaited Oscars 2011, the blog\internet world has been buzzing non-stop about the unforgettable fashion. 
For me, I was surprised to see this retro-inspired ponytail on Reese Witherspoon.
I think it was a refreshing spin on the usual red-carpet hair. 


Doesn't she look like she just stepped out of her pink barbie car?

To Achieve this look:

  1. Start by using a volumizing mousse throughout your wet locks. You can also use a root-lifter to give it the added boost. 
  2.  Blow-Dry your hair with a round-brush, giving it the maximum amount of volume.
  3. Using a 1" curling-iron, curl the ends of the hair loosely. 
  4.  Back-comb the top sections of your hair and then gently smooth it back as you pull it into your pony-tail. 
  5.  Finish the look by using your favorite hair-spray to tame any fly-aways and keep hair in place all day. 
 I love her whole look. A heavy-lined eye with a matte pink lip and those to-die-for emerald earrings. She looked very retro-glam. 

2 comments:

  1. She had one of my favorite looks at the oscars, I love her! I loved the quote you put up yesterday too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Now I just need all that hair! Is some of it fake?

    ReplyDelete