Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Skin-Care Regimen

Ever since high school, I can remember asking people around who had beautiful skin, "what's your secret?" I promise you almost every single one of them told me they just washed their face with bar soap and used a good moisturizer.

Bar soap?!? That always sounded so sketchy to me. You always hear that you should NOT use bar soap to clean your skin... that is't too drying. But after hearing this same answer from SEVERAL gorgeous-skinned people, I decided I had nothing to lose!!

After years of using all types of different facial cleansers, I finally gave bar soap a shot. And....
I LOVE IT! Yes. It can be drying... but when paired with a really rich moisturizer, I feel like it all balances out. My skin has never been better. So, there you have it. That is my personal opinion on my favorite skin care.... ask a dermatologist and they may have other opinions. I am by no means a skin doctor! This is just what I have found works for me. I use regular old bar soap and I love the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I buy a big tub at Costco for about $10 and it lasts us several months. Who would have thought?!

P.S. A clean, moisturized face is ESSENTIAL to have a flawless looking make-up application. It will help give you that "dewey" look we all love so much.

1 comment: